We have a list of projects that need (and have needed) to be done to the house and some good intentions for completing it, but they’re such boring tasks! Paint the baseboards? Ugh. Paint cabinets? Yuck! Good thing we’ve given ourselves a year to complete it! One task a weekend should do it.
Here’s the list:
- Paint all baseboards
- Replace old (cream) plates and switches for white ones
- Replace front and backdoor handles
- New linoleum in laundry room
- More shelving and new pantry shelves in laundry room
- Paint laundry room
- Clean up/out downstairs area
- Finish insulating Noah’s closet
- Finish painting the kitchen and cabinets
- New garbage cans in kitchen
- Paint master bathroom and cabinets
- Recaulk master bathroom
- New linoleum in master bathroom and fix creaky floor
- Paint the office
- Repaint the girl’s room
- Repaint the kid’s bathroom
You may notice that these are all cosmetic or quick fixes. These projects are not huge overhauls like replacing the master bathroom countertop or laying tile, that’s because we’re realizing that we are outgrowing this house. Our aim is to eventually sell and move to a home with more bedrooms. Because of the ages and sexes of our children an eleven year old and a one year old sharing a room (can be done, but) would be difficult.
Planking the bedroom wall was a huge project, but with such a great payoff. We love it and enjoy it everyday. Painting the baseboards…not so much. Here’s to New Year’s motivation!